Doctor of Educational Ministry
Why study this programme?
The Doctor of Educational Ministry is a professional degree oriented towards increased excellence in educational leadership and ministry to shape minds and culture in schools, universities, churches, judicatories, and other educational settings. For highly qualified professionals in Christian ministry and leadership in varied educational settings, this program is designed for administrators, educators, chaplains, and regional leaders in religious education; it is academically rigorous while not directed primarily toward careers in academic research or teaching. With an intended focus on the ministry of Christian education and formation, in both church and religious school settings, this degree is intended to equip, strengthen, and deepen the ministry and leadership of Christ-centered educational professionals. This programme has two phases, Coursework Phase and Thesis Writing Phase. Students may complete the programme in 4 years.
This course is delivered by HKSKH Ming Hua Theological College in partnership with Virginia Theological Seminary. Upon completion, the qualification will be awarded by Virginia Theological Seminary.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants must meet any one of the following requirements:
- At least one master’s degree in which English language was the primary language of instruction; OR
- IELTS (at least 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component); OR
- TOEFL (with a minimum score of 79); OR
- Submission of an essay to demonstrate English language proficiency; OR
- Level 4 in HKDSE English Language; OR
- Grade D in HKALE Use of English
Students must complete 18 subjects (44 credits) made up as follows:
1) Coursework Phase (16 subjects, 37 credits):
- 7 Core Courses (14 credits)
- 5 Integrative Courses (16 credits)
- 3 Electives (6 credits)
- 1 Workshop (1 credit)
2) Thesis Writing Phase (2 subjects, 7 credits):
- Project Thesis Proposal (1 credit)
- Project Thesis (6 credits)
Enrolment & Enquiries
Phone +852 2521 7708
Whatsapp +852 9530 7241
This is a registered course (Reg. No. 263075) under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (Chapter 493). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
* Tuition fee and other fees are subject to review at the time of enrolment.
MING HUA is the theological college of the Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui, the Province of Hong Kong in the Anglican Communion.
The College has been serving the Church for more than sixty-five years, beginning life as an institution dedicated to supporting the education of poor and under-privileged members of Hong Kong’s lay Chinese communities.
Today we honour this tradition, renewing our commitment to work for the training and education of all members of God’s Church in Hong Kong and Macau, thereby articulating the vision of our Archbishop and bishops as well as the values and beliefs of the entire Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Our faculty, with local and international backgrounds, offer advanced training in many aspects of Theological Studies.